All children age 5 by August 15, 2019 and not age 21 on the first day of school living within Sevier County are eligible for enrollment. Each child seeking to enroll in the school system must be a resident of Sevier County.


Registration takes place at each individual school. Parents are asked to contact the school office to make an appointment for registration. School office hours are from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m. If you are unsure about which school your child should attend, please call the School Bus Garage at 865-453-3568.

Documents Needed to Enroll Students

Parents need to provide the following documents when enrolling their children in Sevier County Schools for the first time:
  • The child’s certified birth certificate (no photocopies, mother's copy or hospital copy)
  • Tennessee School Immunization Record
  • Copy of the child’s social security card (optional)
  • Proof of a health physical
  • Proof of residency which can be in the forms listed below

Proof of Residency Forms

Parents will need to provide proof of residency with one of the following documents:
  • Sevier County Electric System or utility district bill
  • Mortgage document or property deed
  • Apartment or home lease (legally notarized rental agreements)
  • Any other documentation that will objectively and unequivocally establish that the parent with legal custody or legal guardian lives in the county full time
    • Current paycheck stub with local address
    • IRS forms
    • DHS benefit documentation
    • Alimony and child support documentation
    • Bank account statements
    • Insurance documents
    • Certified copy of filed petition for legal guardianship

Transfer Students/Moving Out of Town/State

When a child changes schools during the school year, a parent/guardian should visit the school office to complete a withdrawal form before enrolling the child in a new school. 

Transferring within the Sevier County School System During the School Year

Requests for a change of schools (after the open enrollment period) that do not include an actual change of residence must be approved by both the receiving and exiting school principals as well as a Central Office designee. Contact your child's principal for more information about the correct procedures for transferring schools within the Sevier County School System during the school year.