February Scholarship List
- Go to https://studentscholarships.org/2022scholarships.php
- Go to https://jlvcollegecounseling.com/
- Search and see if you qualify for various scholarships (It is forwarded to our office)
- Apply at your discretion.
Reminder - TN Connect Scholarship
- $1,000 scholarship
- Any high school senior who is a TNConnect member may apply for 1 of 3 scholarships. Applicants must have a savings account, checking account, and a debit card with his/her name as the Primary Member at TNConnect by December 31, 2022.
- Selection criteria may include, but not limited to, GPA, extra-curricular and/or community involvement, career goals and written skills.
- Application deadline is February 3, 2023
- See Ms. Schultz for an application
Ned McWherter Scholars Program
- Awards up to $6,000/academic year
- Minimum 3.5 GPA and ACT (29) or SAT (1280)
- Must be a TN resident, parents must be TN residents, and attending a TN college
- Apply online at https://www.tn.gov/collegepays/money-for-college/state-of-tennesseeprograms/ned-mcwherter-scholars-program.htmlMoney for College-Scholarships-Ned McWherter (See website for full details)
- TSAC must receive the completed application and required attachments by February 15th, 2023
East TN Foundation B & W Y12 Scholarship and other Foundation Scholarships
- $1,400 scholarship
- Minimum 3.0 GPA/ ACT 19
- Must be pursuing a degree in science-(not health care professionals) or pre-engineering fields
- Must be attending Walters State, Pellissippi State, Roane State, Maryville College, Tennessee Tech University or UTK other Foundation Scholarships
- Apply online at https://www.easttennesseefoundation.org/scholarships-grants/scholarships/scholarships-listed-by-name/bw-y-12-scholarship
- Deadline is mid February
- Also there are other foundation scholarships listed by county. Go to https://www.easttennesseefoundation.org/scholarships-grants/scholarships/scholarships-by-county. Most deadlines are mid February.
Tennessee Elks Benevolent Trust Nursing Scholarship Program
- Scholarship for students going into nursing ranging 4 year totals of $8,000-$10,000
- Applicant must write a 400-500 word essay, and include a letter from a parent, a letter from a counselor, a letter from an employer or community leader.
- Application available at http://tnelks.org/
- Return applications to Ms. Schultz by February 13th, 2023
UTC Westbrook Chemistry and Physics Scholarship
- Awards of $14,000 over 4 years for students attending UTC (University of Tennessee Chattanooga)
- Must be majoring in chemistry (BS or BA, including biochemistry, STEM education, pre-med, and pre-dental)
- Complete a course in high school chemistry with an A or B
- Declare chemistry or physics as the major at UTC
- Minimum GPA of 3.5 and 26 ACT
- Apply at https://www.utc.edu/arts-and-sciences/chemistry-andphysics/scholarships/westbrook-scholarship
- Deadline to apply to UTC admissions is February 1st 2023.
- The completed application with letters of recommendation must be postmarked by February 17th, 2023
Sevier County Federal Credit Union Scholarship (local scholarship)
- $500 scholarship/semester for four years to each Sevier County High School
- Parent or guardian must be a member of Sevier County Schools Federal Credit Union by September 1 of previous year applying
- Apply at https://www.scscreditunion.org/ (print application and bring it to counselor)
- Deadline is February 28, 2023
AFA's Teens for Alzheimer's Awareness College Scholarship Essay
- Applicants are asked to write a 1,200 to 1,500-word essay that describes the impact of Alzheimer’s disease on themselves, their families or their communities, and what they have learned in light of coping with the brain disorder. The grand prize winner receives $5,000, with additional prizes awarded for runners up.
- Go to https://alzfdn.org/young-leaders-of-afa/alzheimers-awareness-scholarship/ to apply.
- Deadline to apply is March 1, 2023
Arconic Foundation Sons and Daughters Scholarship
- 5,000 scholarship
- Must be a dependent child or grandchild of an active employee of Arconic Corporation
- Selection criteria include academics, activities, character, employment, community service, and an essay.
- Go to https://aim.applyists.net/arcnoic to apply.
- Application deadline is March 7, 2023
Create a Greeting Card Scholarship
- $10,000 scholarship
- Submit original photo, artwork or computer graphics for the front of a greeting card.
- Go to https://www.gallerycollection.com/greetingcardscontests.htm to apply.
- Deadline is March 2, 2023
Cristin Sutphin, and the Ann Montgomery Scholarship (local scholarship)
- See Ms. Gantte for more information regarding these music scholarships/performing arts scholarships