2023-2024 Kindergarten Registration and Screening Information
Sevier County Schools will hold Kindergarten registration for the 2023-2024 school year on March 1, 2023. As part of the Education Improvement Act of 1992, a kindergarten experience is mandatory in the State of Tennessee. To be eligible for kindergarten, your child must be five (5) years of age on or before August 15, 2023.
On March 1, parents/guardians will:
- Arrive at the school their child will attend
- Complete a 1-page registration information sheet upon arrival at the school where their child will attend (download available beginning February 22 at www.sevier.org, bring the completed form on March 1)
- Receive a Kindergarten screening appointment card
Walk-In School Immunization Clinic
Where: Sevier County Health Department
719 Middle Creek Road
To receive the school immunizations you MUST bring ALL the following information to the Health Department with you:
- Up-to-Date Immunization Record
- Insurance Cards (Note: You may call the number on the back of the card to find out if the insurance covers immunizations.)
- No Health Insurance or Insurance that does not cover immunizations: No charge for the vaccine. Administration fee slides based on income. The charge ranges from no charge to $20 for each immunization.
- INSURANCE: Health Department will file insurance for payment.
- All Other Insurances that cover immunizations: Full fee with payment due before the immunization is given. (Please call for charges)
**SCHOOL PHYSICALS can be scheduled by appointment for those without insurance**