Sponsors: Paige Ownby, John Lewis, Teresa Loveday, Amy Williams
Mission/Purpose: To promote the ideals of character, service, and leadership among secondary school students; to reward meritorious achievement; and to encourage and assist students continuing their education after high school
Financial Obligation: $20 - New Members; $10 - Returning Members
Meeting: Until further notice, meetings will be as determined by zoom or in person as called while social distancing.
Third Wednesday of each month - 9:30 - 9:40 a.m., after school as neededSchool Club
We have 130+ members in our Beta Club. Beta is an academic excellence club (cumulative GPA of 3.25) that promotes service to the needy in our community and abroad. Some of our projects include:
- Alzheimers Walk for Alzhiemers of Tn
- Food for community Thanksgiving baskets
- Dollywood 5k for Smoky Mountain Rescue Ministries
- Muscular Dystrophy Foundation
- Toys for Tots
- Jeans for Teens (donate an old pair and a company matches the donation with a new pair)
- Elks toy drive
- E.T.C.H. Easter basket project
- Cystic Fibrosis fundraiser
The Senior Beta Club is active in many different fundraisers, and the students are awarded certificates for projects they complete. Seniors who meet all requirements are awarded with gold Beta tassels at graduation.