Sponsors: Emily Jones
Mission: Key Club International is the high school organization sponsored by Kiwanis International. The PFHS Key Club is sponsored locally by the Sevierville Kiwanis. Key Club assists Kiwanis in carrying out its mission to serve the children of the world. High school student members of Key Club perform acts of service in their communities, such as cleaning up parks, collecting clothing and organizing food drives. They also learn leadership skills by running meetings, planning projects and holding elected leadership positions.
Financial Obligation: Membership dues are $15 annually. If the club chooses to order t-shirts, each member will be responsible for the cost of his or her shirt.
Meeting Schedule: Key Club meets on the fourth Wednesday of each month during club time. Meetings are being conducted through google classrooms. The code to join is iwnwfde.
Vision: We are caring and competent servant leaders transforming communities worldwide.
Core values: The core values of Key Club International are leadership, character building, caring and inclusiveness.
Pledge: I pledge, on my honor, to uphold the Objects of Key Club International; to build my home, school and community; to serve my nation and God; and combat all forces which tend to undermine these institutions.
Motto: Caring–Our Way of Life
- To develop initiative and leadership.
- To provide experience in living and working together.
- To serve the school and community.
- To cooperate with the school principal.
- To prepare for useful citizenship.
- To accept and promote the following ideals:
- To give primacy to the human and spiritual, rather than to the material values of life.
- To encourage the daily living of the Golden Rule in all human relationships.
- To promote the adoption and application of higher standards in scholarship, sportsmanship and social contacts.
- To develop, by precept and example, a more intelligent, aggressive, and serviceable citizenship.
- To provide a practical means to form enduring friendships, to render unselfish service and to build better communities.
- To cooperate in creating and maintaining that sound public opinion and high idealism which makes possible the increase of righteousness, justice, patriotism and good will.