Club Green Activities
What is Club Green?
WHO: Club Green is an environmentally conscious, service-based, after school club geared toward 6th-8th grades.
WHAT: We have 2 major project focuses, allowing students to participate in a variety of activities. Students may participate in any or all of these programs.
WHEN: Committees will meet after school about once per month on a day of the week that works best for those signed up for the committee.
WHERE: Students will meet here at PBP, the exact location depending on the activity--gazebo, playground, cafeteria.
COST: There is no fee to join.
HOW: Students should check the Club Green Board by the cafeteria, the Club Green Classrooms Page, & listen to announcements for activity dates & times. In-School meetings will also be offered once per week during Mountaineer Time for students able to choose elective options.
- Assist with the collection of recycled bottles & transportation to the recycling center
- Assess current efforts and change or add to efforts as necessary
- Create an advertising plan to help generate participation for recycling efforts
- Special Project: Decorate & Mod Podge the old recycling bins for a new use!
Sensory Garden Committee:
- Help prepare plots for planting
- Plant, weed, and harvest plants (this year: herbs, corn bead plants, potatoes, sunflowers, and butterfly flowers)
- Make labels/signs for classrooms to use these beds for educational purposes