The original Boyds Creek Elementary School came into existence when pupils from three schools (Island View, Highland View, and Union Valley) came together. The new building opened on August 29, 1949 with an enrollment of 127, and closed in 1973.
Sevier County Board of Education broke ground for the new BCES in 2003. The original school colors and mascot were kept for our new school. Mr. John Wade was called out of retirement to lead in this undertaking as the new principal. The school held a Grand Opening ceremony for our beautiful new facility on August 15, 2005. Several county officials and community members were present for the ceremony.
On August 22, 2005, Boyds Creek Elementary School welcomed 383 eager students. Eighteen 8th graders made up our first graduating class of the new school. In 2011, Mr. Wade passed the mantle of leadership to Mrs. Kim Grosser, who is an alumni of the original Boyds Creek Elementary School. Mrs. Grosser currently servies as the principal. During our first eight years our building had two major additions, and we are currently serve approximately 450 students.