The mission of Seymour Primary School is to create a safe learning environment where all children achieve their greatest potential and become lifelong learners and productive citizens.
Seymour Primary School must continue to strive for appropriate program evaluation, revision, and constant adaptation to the needs of the children. By designing a stimulating learning environment, with input from all stakeholders, we will help children develop skills essential for becoming successful citizens in our ever-changing society.
- Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional and intellectual needs that are best met through a variety of research-based, instructional methods and assessments.
- Having high expectations allows learners to excel academically, socially, and emotionally.
- Students learn best when they are provided with a safe, nurturing and interactive environment with highly qualified and caring administrators and teachers.
- Decision making is a collaborative process guided by procedures and policies of the Sevier County Board of Education.
- A successful school strives for good communication among administrators, staff, students, and parents.
- A high-performing learning culture is best attained through a collective effort by parents, students, staff, and the community.
- The continuation of updating and adding necessary technological tools is imperative to be successful in a technology-based society.
- Providing opportunities to meet individual learning styles, while fostering self-esteem is crucial for developing lifelong learners.