2019-2020 Scholarship Information
New: Golden Doors Scholars: Scholarship opportunity for undocumented students. For more information and to apply see the attached link: https://www.goldendoorscholars.org/ Deadline to apply is September 16th
New: Questbridge National College Match Scholarship: Qualifying Seniors will need an ACT score of 28, be in the top 5% of their graduating class, and have a household income of less than $65,000 per year for a family of four. Deadline to apply is September 26th. Students can apply at the following link: https://www.questbridge.org/high-school-students/national-college-match
New: DAR TSDAR: Will award a $2500 scholarship to a graduating senior who will be attending and accredited 4-year college or university. Applicants will be required to submit a 150-300 word essay, plus transcripts, a resume, and two letters of recommendation. Application available on Google Classroom or the guidance office. Deadline to apply is October 1st.
New: DAR Rodger Davies Scholarship: Will award a $750 scholarship to full-time student entering his/her freshman year at an accredited 4-year U.S. college/university. Applications available on Google Classroom or guidance office. Deadline to apply is October 22nd.
Tennessee Tech has over 600 academic and departmental scholarship opportunities! These scholarships are competitive and based on academic performance, community service, residency and criteria specified by the scholarship donor. If you plan to attend TTU make sure you apply early for these scholarships at: tntech.edu/scholarships . DEADLINE: December 15th! In order to be considered for a TTU scholarship, students must do the following:
-Be admitted to Tennessee Tech first, so apply early! tntech.edu/apply
-Submit the ScholarWeb application before Dec 15th at tntech.edu/scholarships/how-to-apply.php
*Also students should complete the FAFSA at fafsa.gov before December 15th and list Tennessee Tech as one of their colleges.
For questions about TTU scholarship applications: firstname.lastname@example.org or (931) 372-6159
Keep Sevier Beautiful is currently accepting applications for their Teen Advisory Board. Seniors members will be eligible to apply for a $1,000 scholarship.
- Freshmen, Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors are eligible for the Teen Advisory Board.
- Each member must do a community service project outside of KSB to see if the Teen Advisory Board might be able to participate in that activity.
- Each member must attend the monthly Teen Advisory Board meeting.
- The applicant must attend a Sevier County school or must be homeschooled in Sevier County.
- Applicants are required to participate in a minimum of 10 hours of community Service (not including meetings) to KSB over one year.
Senior members of the Teen Advisory Board will be eligible to apply for the $1,000 Trillium Scholarship if they meet all the scholarship requirements.
The link to apply is on Google Classrooms
The Tennessee Concrete Association is sponsoring the annual High School Essay Contest. students ages 16-18 can enter. The first place prize is $250, second place is $100, and third place is $50. Application available on Google Classrooms
AES Engineering Scholarship
The deadline for the 14th annual AES Scholarship is October 6 2019.
Application is available at: http://www.aesengineers.com/scholarships.htm
The winner(s) will be announced within 2 weeks of the deadline. Each winner will be personally notified by email.
New: The Coca-Cola Scholars Program Scholarship
The Coca-Cola Scholars Program scholarship is an achievement-based scholarship awarded to graduating high school seniors. Students are recognized for their capacity to lead and serve, as well as their commitment to making a significant impact on their schools and communities. With the 31st class in 2019, the Foundation has provided over 6,150 Coca-Cola Scholars with more than $69 million in educational support. 150 Coca-Cola Scholars are selected each year to receive this $20,000 scholarship. Apply now at the link below:
Discover College Cover Sweepstakes Scholarship (open to anyone 16 years and older). Sign up for emails to get helpful college tips and resources, and enter for the chance to win a scholarship! Throughout the year, 12 eligible students or parents will be randomly selected to win a $5,000 Discover Student Loans Scholarship Award to help cover college expenses. Visit Discover Cover College Sweepstakes Scholarshiphttps://scholarship.collegecovered.com/?acmpgn=E_EAW_CSEM_BM_X_BMHS2
Deadline January 31, 2020
TN Promise Application Now Open for Seniors Class of 2020: Students can apply here: https://www.tn.gov/tnpromise
Carson Newman University Financial Aid Office Just Announced: Working to make CNU Tuition Free for students who meet the following criteria:
- Must have an EFC of 0 (and must be receiving full Pell Grant Funds) Based off FAFSA
- Must be HOPE Eligible and remain HOPE eligible upon graduation
- Must file the FAFSA early (and be receiving TSAA Grant Funds)
- Must work with CNU Financial Aid Office to provide all required paperwork.
Carson Newman University Scholarships (No Additional Application Required)
ROTC Scholarships available for students attending TN Tech University. Please contact Ron Borden Recruiting & Admissions Officer 931-372-3574 office, 931-575-1956 Cell, email@example.com
The Cooke College Scholarship Program is one of the largest undergraduate scholarship programs available to high-achieving high school seniors with financial need who seek to attend the nation’s best four-year colleges and universities. Each Cooke Scholar has access to generous financial support for up to four years, college planning support, ongoing advising, and the opportunity to connect with the thriving community of fellow scholars. As part of their scholarship, recipients may:
- Receive up to $40,000 per year to use toward tuition, books, and other fees and expenses at any accredited four-year institution.
- Pursue any area of study.
- Have access to one-on-one advising about selecting a college, navigating financial aid, transitioning to college, and maximizing the college experience.
- Be eligible to apply for the Cooke Graduate Scholarship. Cooke College Scholarship recipients are selected from a nationwide applicant pool each year. As minimum criteria, students must: ● Plan to graduate from a U.S. high school in spring 2020.
- Intend to enroll full time in an accredited 4-year college in fall 2020.
- Earn a cumulative unweighted GPA of 3.5 or above in high school. ● Receive a minimum SAT total of 1200 or ACT composite of 26.
- Demonstrate financial need. We will consider applicants with family income up to $95,000. Last year’s cohort of new College Scholarship recipients had a median family income of approximately $26,000. Cooke Scholars come from diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds and from rural, suburban, and urban communities. Many scholars are the first in their families to pursue higher education.
Northview Youth Athletic Association Scholarship: Applicants must have completed 1 season of Northview Youth League football or cheer and applicants must complete 10 hours of community service at our field. Applications available in the guidance office.
The MoolahSPOT $1,000 Scholarship: Deadline: August 31, 2019. Apply online at http://www.moolahspot.com/scholarship/
Don’t Text and Drive Scholarship: Deadline September 30, 2019. Apply online at http://www.digitalresponsibility.org/dont-text-and-drive-scholarship