New U.T. Field Trip: Have you ever wondered what it would be like to attend The University of Tennessee Knoxville? This is your chance to see if Rocky Top is YOUR Home Sweet Home. We will be taking a field trip to tour The University of Tennessee Knoxville on October 31st. Permission slips are available in Mrs. Helton's office in guidance. In order to attend this trip you must be a junior or senior, have at least a 2.75 GPA, and no discipline record. There are only 40 spots available so make sure you get your permission slip today! (And return them quickly!)
New: Juniors and Seniors, the guidance office is planning four college field trips for this school year. These trips will be to The University of Tennessee, Carson Newman University, Tennessee College of Applied Technology in Morristown, and Walter State Community College. Each trip is limited to 40 students, and students will be allowed to attend no more than two. In order to attend, students must be a junior or senior, meet the GPA requirement for each trip, and have no discipline record. Pay attention to announcements to learn when permission slips are available for each trip!!
Keep Sevier Beautiful is currently accepting applications for their Teen Advisory Board.
- Freshmen, Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors are eligible for the Teen Advisory Board.
- Each member must do a community service project outside of KSB to see if the Teen Advisory Board might be able to participate in that activity.
- Each member must attend the monthly Teen Advisory Board meeting.
- The applicant must attend a Sevier County school or must be homeschooled in Sevier County.
- Applicants are required to participate in a minimum of 10 hours of community Service (not including meetings) to KSB over one year.
Senior members of the Teen Advisory Board will be eligible to apply for the $1,000 Trillium Scholarship if they meet all the scholarship requirements.
The link to apply is available on Google Classrooms
Applications are now open for 2020 Prudential Spirit of Community Awards for students who make meaningful contributions to their communities through volunteer service. Go to the link below to apply, deadline to apply is November 5th. http://nassp.org/spirit
The Tennessee Concrete Association is sponsoring the annual High School Essay Contest. students ages 16-18 can enter. The first place prize is $250, second place is $100, and third place is $50. The application and rules are available on Google Classroom