Skip to main content

Enrollment Process

Welcome to Sevier County! We are delighted that you have chosen to be a part of the Sevier County School System family! The enrollment process takes place at each individual school. Parents are asked to contact the school office to make an appointment for registration. School office hours are from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m. If you are unsure about which school your child should attend, please call the transportation office at 865-453-3568.

Current state law requires a kindergarten experience before the student is allowed to enter first grade. A child entering kindergarten shall be no less that five (5) years of age on or before August 15 of the current year.

  • The legal residence of the student must be located in Sevier County. Legal residence is defined as the primary residence of the student's custodial parent(s) or guardian(s).

    Proof of residency can be provided with one of the following documents:

    • Sevier County Electric System or Utility District bill
    • Mortgage document or property deed
    • Apartment or housing lease (legally notarized rental agreements)

    Any other documentation that will objectively and unequivocally establish that the parent with legal custody or legal guardian lives in Sevier County full time.

    • Current pay stub with local address
    • IRS forms
    • DHS benefit documentation
    • Alimony and child support documentation
    • Bank account statements
    • Insurance documents
    • Certified copy of filed petition for legal guardianship
  • Any student entering Sevier County Schools for the first time must present the following:

    • The student's certified birth certificate
    • A Tennessee Physical Form, evidencing that a physical examination was performed by a licensed health provider dated on or after January 1 of the calendar year of initial school entry
    • A Tennessee Certificate of Immunization as proof of state-required immunizations; and
    • Proof of legal residency in Sevier County
    • The child's social security card (optional)
  • Requests for a change of schools (after the open enrollment period) that do not include an actual change of residence must be approved by the principal of both schools as well as a Central Office designee.

    Families requesting a transfer during the school year should visit the school office to complete a withdrawal form before enrolling the student in a new school. If you have questions about the procedures for transferring schools within the county, please contact your child's principal.


The Tennessee Department of Health establishes the immunization requirements for those who attend child care, pre-school, school, and college. The state’s immunization schedule follows the current schedule published by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and endorsed by the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) and American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP). Find more information on the Sevier County School System’s Immunizations page.